Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sorry for the delay

It's been a hot summer but there has been very little heat coming from my kitchen.   The NewYorkTimes article about the Greenpoint Food Market, that came out this June, put an end to the market as we know it.  The Health Department got on the GFM's case about weekly licenses and using certified kitchens, which most sellers did not have.  The point of the market was to provide a platform for small businesses to share their creations with the public, without having to pay those exorbitant costs, which end up taking away from any possible profit.  I was barely making a profit before but enjoyed sharing my pies with the public but with these new rules, I would actually be going into the red.  Since these new requirements are in place, I will not be able to take part in the market anymore.  I will continue to work on new recipes, both savory and sweet, pushing for larger variety.  I am also working on getting my pies into small stores and markets around the city and am still taking online orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment